|Post Hurricane Matthew sleeping quarters of sisters|
|Convent under construction|
Just 5 months later, Marfranc looks lush again. Some trees survived and new leaves have grown. Plants and shrubs have sprung back to live. Some damaged buildings are repaired and many are under repair.
At Asile Marfranc, because of your support and generosity:
|Lunch at school|
- 34 elderly are in sleeping on new beds in a temporary shelter, receiving food and care daily. A permanent structure will be built this fall after the rainy season ends.
- 60 children have returned to school in temporary structures. The children receive a hearty lunch each day supplemented by emergency relief food that you made possible.
- The main school is being repaired by Haitians with a concrete roof that is better suited to withstand hurricanes. It will be completed in May, and ready to receive children this fall as we expand to another grade. The workers are receiving a living wage for their labors.
- The medical dispensary is up and running, providing for the health needs of the community
- A second storage container is on site, providing a safe and dry place to stash construction materials
- A solar suitcase is in place allowing the sisters to charge lights and phones providing critical security and safety at night.
- The convent for the sisters is being repaired by Haitians. This will allow the 3 sisters to move from cramped quarters on their front porch and to live in a more comfortable and secure environment. The repairs include an expansion of the kitchen to allow for an improved community gathering space
|New beds for elderly|
|Fixing front of school|
The community of Marfranc is so blessed by your love and generosity. We thank God for our supporters. Please continue to lift the people of Marfranc and southwest Haiti up in prayer.