Sunday, October 9, 2016

Our Hearts to be Changed


I’m heading to Haiti tomorrow, October 10, for my 5th trip. This trip will be much different than my other previous trips. As Hurricane Matthew hit Haiti the questions in my mind were, will we still be able to go? If so, what will we be experiencing and/or seeing? Over the past several weeks, I’ve been listening to this song to lift me up and provide comfort from the daily storms here in the states. However, perhaps God was really preparing me for this trip to Haiti, as the storms we struggle with in the states are so minimal compared to what the Haitians experience every day and within the last week.

We have an amazing team who are ready to serve wherever they need us in Haiti. We will be allowing our hearts to be broken for what breaks God’s heart. We will be filled with love and joy from the Haitians and experience things we never thought we would in our lives. Our itinerary was carefully planned but as carefully as we plan and pray about the trip, God’s plan will always be the one we follow.

Please pray for our team this week. May God use our arms for holding and carrying, our smiles for sharing God’s love, our Hearts to be changed, our eyes to see the Haitians as beautiful children of God, and the strength for each day.

In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
And in the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm
When the solid ground is falling out from underneath my feet
Between the black skies, and my red eyes, I can barely see
When I realize I've been sold out by my friends and my family
I can feel the rain reminding me
In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
In the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm
Mmm, when my hopes and dreams are far from me, and I'm runnin' out of faith
I see the future I picture slowly fade away
And when the tears of pain and heartache are falling down my face
I find my peace in Jesus' name
In the eye of the storm (yeah, yeah), You remain in control (yes you do, Lord)
In the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me (Your love surrounds me) in the eye of the storm (in the eye of the storm)

Blessings Friends,
Rebecca Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment