Tuesday, March 8, 2016

God is good all the time

Heidi and I are in Port-au-prince Haiti with Reiser Relief this week. Today was our first day actually serving the people of Haiti. We've been praying that God would fill my heart with love for the people we meet. Today God answered my prayer and then some. 

This morning we were at the Home for the Sick and Dying babies. We fed and cared for a baby boy named Rezley. Rezley became so comfortable with me that he wouldn't wake up for his lunch. Heidi held a beautiful baby girl Bryce. Bryce cried so hard when Heidi and I had to leave. 


For the afternoon we went to the Missionaries of the Poor who care for disabled and abandoned children. I pushed a severely disabled boy in his wheelchair all afternoon. Whenever I stopped pushing him, he would move his chair to push him some more. Dinner is now done and we are relaxing. 

I can't help but thank God for his bountiful love for me and the opportunity to share 
that love with the children He put in my path today. God is good all the time.

Dave


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! It must be such a mixed blessing to have such impact on them and then have to leave! We are sending our prayers to all of you!

    ReplyDelete