Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Love

Last year at this time I was writing much differently about the same experience.

I was serving on a mission trip and the day's activity was bringing water to the poorest slum in the hemisphere.

This year my perspective is much different.

The first time I was here I wanted to save the country myself and quickly learned that any efforts I made would have amounted to nothing more than a drop in the ocean.

So today, as our team ventured into Cite Soleil I could only hope that my time, manpower, smile and dad skills brought a little joy and relief to the lives of the people I encountered.

I smiled a lot, filled water buckets from the tanker truck, carried buckets, hoisted them onto the heads of children and women, played games, held babies, and hugged a thousand kids.

Last year I was afraid I didn't do enough.   This time I realize I did so much.

One command.

Love

Can. Do.

Dave Livermore

No comments:

Post a Comment