Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Oct. 22nd, 2012: Honor

What an incredible honor it is to be part of a team of 11 Reiser Relief volunteers on a week long mission trip to Haiti. I have thought of Fr. Reiser so many times today. I've thought about the passion he had to doing whatever he could to alleviate the suffering he witnessed in Haiti. I've tried to imagine him in the heat and chaos and beauty and love that I feel here. I've thought about how pleased he must be to see his work continue in Haiti.

It is with tremendous humility that our team strives to uphold his legacy of compassion and service to the poor. Thank you for following our blog. Thank you for your support in preparing for this trip. Pray that we are a blessing to each and every Haitian we meet this week.

Peace,

Joyce



No comments:

Post a Comment