Thursday, May 23, 2013

Questions and Answers



Yesterday morning, we attended daily Mass in a simple small chapel along with about 15 wonderful nuns.  It brought back poignant childhood memories of taking the train with my sisters to visit my delightful aunt who was a nun in Duluth, Minnesota.  My sisters and I would attend chapel with her, and I loved the devout elegance of the services and the simplistic way the nuns came together as one to worship God.  Without question or doubt, they placed every day of their lives in His hands.

I came to Haiti with many questions on this trip.  As our organization becomes more involved in Haiti, we find ourselves looking for more direction as to how we should proceed.  Our list of questions continues to grow!  But after a busy and exciting day yesterday, I found myself feeling frustrated that, not only had we found no solid answers, but our list of questions had grown longer.  I’m a person who loves “checking things off my list,” but my list had only expanded. 

After wrestling with that frustration all night, we attended daily Mass with the nuns again this morning, and suddenly my solution became so clear to me.  I don’t need to be looking for immediate answers as to how we can best be of help to the Haitian people.  I should simply follow the example that was right before my eyes this morning.  I need to place all my trust in God that He will guide me and guide Reiser Relief to bring us answers to our questions. 

I will be attending daily Mass again tomorrow!

Blessings,
Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment