Saturday, January 10, 2015

Simple

Every day we are supposed to think of a word of the day, so yesterday as we went about our day I thought about my word. Some of the group went to church early that morning and I happened to tag along. As we sat down I looked around at how lively the people were, and as I continued to look around my eye caught the sight of the view outside. The sun was just starting to come up as it outlined the mountains. I looked away for a bit and when I looked back the sun was so bright that I could no longer see the mountain, and thats when my word of the day came to light. 

My word was simple. The simple act of a sun rise and how it brings so much, it brings light, life, and so much more. As the day went on my word stuck with me. It was one our drivers, Maxim's, birthday and that night we went out to dinner. We surprised him with a cake sang happy birthday.  It was a wonderful way to end the night. 

What made it a perfect way to end the night is that on the way home, Maxim was driving and I was up front with him, and the whole way home he was laughing and had a huge smile on his face, and he kept repeating how much God has blessed him, what a wonderful team we had, how happy he was, and how he would remember that day for the rest of his life. He was so grateful for how we invited him to dinner and surprised him with a cake and just being there with him on his special day. Something as small and simple as celebrating a birthday with us meant the world to him. 

Ashlyn Ekholm, Age 17

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for filling my day with your words on Life. Young or young at heart, we can learn from what you have written.

    Uncle, Stevo

    ReplyDelete