Friday, October 11, 2013

Preparing for our trip!

We all met in Forest Lake last night to pack up all of our donations. We have 12 bags packed to the brim with almost 50 lbs of donations in each bag! Shoes, school supplies, clothes, medical supplies...you name it, we've got it! I'm excited to get back to Haiti and experience everything again. It's been almost a year since I was there for the first time, even though it feels like yesterday. Maybe because Haiti is on my mind and in my heart every single day! I remember sitting at Father Reiser's funeral and being so moved by the thousands of people there to celebrate his life. At that moment I knew I wanted to get involved and help continue the work that he poured his heart and soul into. Never did I imagine I would also become so passionate about it! My all-time favorite quote of his is "You can't walk away from misery and do nothing". Until I stepped foot in the country of Haiti, I never truly understood what he meant. I'm so excited to be sharing this experience with Joyce and Mike again, and 9 other new friends! 3 days until our journey of transformation begins...can't wait to see what God has in store for us this week.

Kim Maciej

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!!!! I can't wait until Monday morning!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your trip, guys! I'll definitely be reading the blog daily. I'm confident you will all feel the love of God and the Haitian people. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete